Freyja Griffin one day realized that she was born to die. But then, everyone else is too. So she decided to make do with her life

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

School Cool 2



People do not go to school to broaden their knowledges. No. That was the second goal. The first being hanging out with your best friends checking out the opposite sex.

Last month a friend of mine hooked me up with his co-worker, a nice guy, whom he thought will enhance the quality of my life as a single woman. After a couple of minutes talking over dinner we found out that at certain periods, we attended the same school, befriended the same people, and probably met every single day but not really realising it. Until recently.

This was bizzare.
Not just for me.

"How come I didn't notice you before?"

Alone in the confinement of my private space at home, I thought about those questions he asked.

Digging the old archives of my memory library, I did notice him. I knew how he looked like back then in school. He was my bestfriend's classmate so I saw him quite often when I paid visits to her class. It's just that he didn't attract me enough to be bothered to do anything more than just a scarcely passing glance. Back then he wasn't even my type.

I was 13. Back then my type of guy was the boy who got caught smoking in the restroom, and was often seen hanging out with the equally "cool" boys. He dated a typical goodie-two shoes girl, had the typical school sweethearts relationship, and I hated his girlfriend. Night by night I filled my Diary with the details of our encounters or no-encounters during recess. I was obsessed with him.

None of those matters anymore. I am way over a decade older now. After a series of seriously wrecking kind of relationships, I've formed and reformed the definition of "my type of guy". I even have new definitions for relationship.

To be honest, I'm sure I wasn't her type of girl when he was 13. Back then, we were all just horrible barbaric and uncivilized monsters.

So, aside of getting reasonably high with your bestmates and learning various techniques to give hickeys on various anatomies, people do go to school to be tamed and civilized.



Artefact of the last millenia was stolen from here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home